The Stubby Lunker Net is our newest size of net to the lineup. It offers you a hybrid between the popular Brookie and Lunker Net with its 10″ Handle and larger Lunker Hoop. The shorter handle allows carry via a leash or hanging from a pack. The Stubby Lunker Net is offered in 8 different colors of anodization and made at our HQ in Francis, Utah USA.
- American Made in our shop, with tooling we designed, using American Aluminum and Supplies
- Anodized Aluminum for corrosion resistance and cool coloring options.
- Knurled Texture on the Handle for Grip
- Rubber Net Bag Available in Black or Clear – more fish-friendly!
- Measurement indicators on hoop – 12″, 16″,18″,19″, 20″, 21″
- Custom acetal bolt to hold hoop to handle securely, while allowing easy dis-assemble and re-assembly for replacing bags or travel
- Threaded sealed end-cap makes for water-proof storage in the handle or stream side flask
- Total Length: 33.5″
- Handle Length: 10″
- Hoop Length: 22″
- Hoop Width: Tapers from 14″ to 9″
- Weight: 1.34 lbs or 21.44 oz
- Net Bag Depth: 11″ but stretches
- Colors – Orange, Red, GunMetal, Wasabi, Blue, Purple, Black, or Mix Colors for Two Tone
- Made in the USA
- Unconditional Warranty – excluding the rubber bag in most instances
RISING Nets – Questions & Answers
DURANGLERS REVIEW – multiple month evaluation
Trippin On Trout VIDEO on how Stubby Lunker helps with fish handling.
D. Powell (verified owner) –
Amazing net! I much prefer this to the other “popular” nets out there. I got mine with a deep bag, which has been crucial in keeping large trout from flopping out at the critical moment. It is not the lightest net out there, but it is light enough that I don’t notice it on my back. I use a leash from the top of my vest and have magnet to connect the handle there and then another magnet to connect the hoop to my belt as well. This keeps the net from bouncing all over the place when I walk/wade. I like the knurled handle and haven’t had an issue with slippage. I have, on the other hand, had the handle freeze to my glove when was about 6 degrees out. I love the measurements on the side of the hoop and found that you can use other “landmarks” along the handle to measure those beasts that exceed 21″. Overall, I’ve been very happy with this net and wouldn’t hesitate to buy another one when the need arises. Also, a word on Rising’s customer service – it is awesome! I’m very happy with this company.