We sat down with fly tyers from all over the world to figure out how to make the best fly tying scissors for your all-around needs. We wanted to come up with a scissor that could handle trimming small amounts of material behind a size 20 bead head to slicing right through the toughest synthetics and deer hair. What we came up with is the Stellar Scissors 2.0!
- One blade with micro-serrations and one blade with a sharp smooth cutting edge.
- The tips on each pair of scissors are hand-tuned at our HQ in Utah to our liking with a thinner tip for precision cuts.
- NEW 2.0 version with a micro-adjustable tension control knob on each pair that allows you to adjust the tension on the blades to your liking.
- Ergonomic handle design to allow you to keep scissors in hand while tying… more efficient!
- Individually Quality Controlled at our HQ in Utah.
- Weight: 1.5 oz
- Unconditional Warranty!
- Fly Tyers loved version 1.0 and you will love the Stellar Scissors 2.0 even more!
Dally’s Ozark Fly fisher REVIEW
Justin Carfagnini –
Hands down my favorite pair of fly tying scissors out there. I’ve been using the Stellar Scissors for years now. I also love the fact that the crew at Rising will laser engrave your name on the scissors. This way there can never be a mix up when you’re out a fly tying get together as to who’s scissors are whose….not to mention they look great in fly tying photos. Ha
Jake cook –
These are the best tying scissors, they fit perfectly in your hand and have a great profile. No need to keep picking them up and putting them down in between wraps when you can comfortably hold both the scissors and a bobbin in the same hand. Also the tension screw is great for when you need to cut fine fibers for small midges.
I use this scissor for everything — tying flies (down to #26 hooks), cutting tippet, and very versatile for removing nostril hair particularly the grizzly thick weeds I’ve got to pull out of this schnauz.
Simply the best scissors I have come across in 25 years of tying. Super comfortable and perfect for use when tying midges.
Jacob Nichols –
I have used these to tie everything from 12″ synthetic striper flies to size 20 midges and can say they are the best scissors I have used. Very comfortable and friendly to my hand, and have had no issues cutting any material with them. Bigger synthetic fibers tend to dull scissors quickly, but the ability to adjust these blades has made them last much longer than any other pair I have used. Would Highly recommend.